Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The things we work for

Work, the word work has all types of meaning that you could think off. To me, hearing the word makes me feel stressed which triggers something in my mind that causes my body to feel tired. We all need work though so that we could fulfill all the wonderful things that we want in life. Maybe I should start thinking of work as an accomplishment. I remember the days of just raking the yard was like hard work, and never liked doing it because I thought of it as a choir rather than looking at it as beautifying the yard. Now, raking the yard is something I really miss.
Well anyway, work is the driving force to saving up and getting something we really want in the future. Last last weekend just before the movie "Sex and the City movie" came out, my girlfriend had a twinkle in her eye (She is a big fan of the TV series). I did not know what it was but her eyes were shiny like puss in boots when he glares at shrek when he wants something. Monday came and I saw the Sex and the City advertisement on TV, coming out Tuesday. I was like okay I know what to work for during the week even though the DVD only costs $22.49, which is still a lot for me. And then that same day I saw an ad on TV about the new ipod. Damn, I want one for myself! And then the ads goes on and on, I want everything that is on TV. Anyway, weighing the options of which would really matter to me or to her, off course, I bought the movie for my girlfriend as a gift instead. In the end, I think I accomplished something for the greater good, a happy little girl watching her sex movie.
Oh, look its time, I gotta go to work.

7 comments:

Wayne Pangelinan said...

I think your look on work as an accomplishment is the right approach. I think that when you motivate yourself for the right reasons, it is already accomplishment in itself. As dad and mo tell us when were growing up..."Work for what you want, it does not come free"... Instilling that in my mind has made me what I am today.

Wayne Pangelinan said...

One more thing, you are a once a week blogger, then do that. Right now you are a once a post blogger in 3 weeks...LOL

Bon said...

I love that movie. Wayne and I saw that one together. Now I so totally want to have my wedding reception at Denny's. LOL

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Wait, no denny's on saipan, how about Shirley's. Bro, what do you think?

Anonymous said...

wenko & bonbon?!?----- you two better not settle for shirleys....i forbid in every way and for all the reasons that it is a sentimental day...wenko pot fabot chelu....it's gonna be a memory of a lifetime...of sentiment...of...of...you know...just please...make her twinkle come out too....

1nce a week... said...

You two so funny lai, shirley's is a good choice, but I prefer maybe J's restaurant. We all want to see you and bonbon have the biggest reception there is and I also wanna eat shrimp and lobsters and crabs. It think Nikko hotel is fine.

Bon said...

You're all invited to Mr. Suave barbecue stand;) Right honey???